MYSA-Ajax recognizes each player as representatives of the Club and thus holds each member to the highest standards of integrity, sportsmanship, and professionalism. Consequently, MYSA-Ajax reserves the right to revoke a player’s membership on a competitive team or suspend a player for a specified period of time should a situation arise that the coaching staff, Director of Coaching and/or Executive Director deem such action necessary. Situations that might provoke this process include violations of MYSA-Ajax player and/or parent codes of conduct or other game-related player violations. MYSA-Ajax does not take such action lightly. The procedure for determining whether such action is warranted is outlined below.
I. Recognition of Incident:
a. The MYSA-Ajax Executive Director shall contact the MYSA-Ajax player and/or parent representative to request additional information regarding the alleged violation, as the MYSA-Ajax Executive Director deems necessary or appropriate.
b. The MYSA-Ajax member shall promptly, but not later than ten (10) business days after such contact, provide all information requested by the MYSA-Ajax Executive Director. The failure to submit such requested information timely may be construed by the MYSA-Ajax Executive Director as an acknowledgment by, or on behalf of, the player of the occurrence of the violation as alleged.
- Formal Reporting:
- The MYSA-Ajax Executive Director shall deliver a report (oral or written) to the Ajax Committee regarding the facts of the violation including any disciplinary action taken by other certifying organizations against the MYSA-Ajax member.
- This report may be delivered before the MYSA-Ajax member has responded to the request for information, however the MYSA-Ajax Executive Director shall update the report to include such response whenever it is received.
- Disciplinary Action:
- The Ajax Committee may, upon receipt of such report, take any or all of the following actions:
- Immediately suspend or revoke the membership of the MYSA-Ajax member pending further review by the MYSA-Ajax Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Privately censure the MYSA-Ajax member. The Executive Director shall advise the Board of the decision to censure in the form of a brief written report at the next scheduled meeting.
- Recommend that the Board suspend the membership of the MYSA-Ajax member for a period of time recommended by the Executive Director and/or Ajax Committee.
- Recommend that the Board revoke the membership of the MYSA-Ajax member.
- Determine that no violation has occurred and deem the matter closed.
b. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Board of Directors is not limited to accepting or rejecting the recommendation of the Ajax Committee and may impose on the MYSA-Ajax member any of the above penalties that the Board deems appropriate.
IV. Notification and Appeal:
a. The Executive Director shall notify the MYSA-Ajax member of actions taken by the Ajax Committee.
b. The MYSA-Ajax member or parent representative may submit a written appeal to the MYSA-Ajax Board of Directors within sixty (60) days of the Ajax Committee’s decision.
c. Upon receipt of the appeal, the Board of Directors will ask the Chair of the Ajax Committee to submit a written report explaining the reasoning behind the disciplinary recommendation.
d. The Board of Directors will decide regarding the appeal within sixty (60) days of receipt of the appeal in writing.
e. The Board may authorize the censure, suspension, or revocation of membership of the MYSA-Ajax member prior to such appeal.
f. Except as otherwise specifically set forth herein, no MYSA-Ajax member shall have any right to be present at any meeting of the Board where discipline of any MYSA-Ajax member is being considered, though the Board may, in its sole discretion, permit such attendance.
- Suspension and/or Revocation of Membership:
- Upon suspension or revocation of membership, the MYSA-Ajax member:
- Is no longer permitted to use the MYSA-Ajax designation and must immediately cease using the MYSA-Ajax designation;
- May not participate in any MYSA-Ajax member events; and,
- Shall be deemed to have immediately resigned from any positions with any MYSA-Ajax chapters or affiliates, boards, , committees and/or teams.
a. Any MYSA-Ajax member whose membership is either suspended or revoked may apply for reinstatement at the earlier of the end of the suspension or five (5) years from the date of the Board's initial decision.
Nothing in this policy is meant to prevent or limit the ability of the Executive Director, the Ajax Committee or the Board to promptly respond to any alleged violation of MYSA-Ajax player and/or parent codes of conduct or other game-related violation, nor does this policy give any MYSA-Ajax member any right to appeal any final decision of either the Ajax Committee or the Board to any regulatory body, legislative body or court. Each MYSA-Ajax member specifically waives any right to pursue any legal or equitable remedy against MYSA-Ajax, its directors, employees, agents and representatives with respect to any aspect of any disciplinary procedure.
The Board, the Executive Director or the Ajax Committee may delegate any or all of such party's responsibilities under this policy to one or more individuals who are directors, officers, employees or agents of MYSA-Ajax.
To print a copy of this policy CLICK HERE